Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

Guilty secrets of TV

LolHiro I may have been a little harsh on TV in my last post. After a hard day on t'internet, there's nothing I like better than to settle back and watch something relaxing on the big screen.

Relaxing, but not totally mindless. Which is where the problems start. Since traditional TV is all push, I can't pull the content I want to watch. Yes, I know the technology is changing (slowly), and yes I know about Splashcast, but at the end of the day, I'm tired and I want the sofa and for the big screen to bathe me in its comforting glow.

Which is why I don't have much sympathy for sheep-like TV executives, all jumping on the same reality TV bandwagon. I've never watched an episode of Strictly Come Dancing Big Brother Factor, and I'm not planning on starting now.

I don't expect or want 21st century TV to deliver The Ascent of Man, and it's not what I want in the evening, but just a little quality would be nice. I'm missing the Sopranos, although Heroes is a guilty pleasure I'm currently enjoying. So if TV is going to die, I wish it would hurry up and get on with it. Or evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment