Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Reduce, reuse, recycle, and get stuff for free!

Freecycle If, like me, you're bothered by the size of your carbon footprint, you'll already know that reduce, reuse, recycle is the mantra of the environmental movement.
What you may not know about is the goldmine that is Freecycle. The Freecycle network is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving and getting stuff for free in their own town. You can find your local group at the Freecycle website.
I've been using Freecycle for several years now, mostly to donate stuff (furniture and electronics) that I would otherwise have had to send to land fill, but I've also bagged a few great free goodies myself. So before you buy, check Freecycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment