Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Google Analytics - Beyond Average

I've always known that Google Analytics is a powerful tool, and I've run it on this blog since the outset, but I've got to admit that I'm usually confused by all except the simplest analyses that the reporting system delivers. So the Google Analytics Playlist on YouTube was very welcome to me. Most of the content comes from the Google Conversion University event on August 1st this year, but for me, the most interesting talk was Non-Ecommerce Sites: Beyond Averages by Avinash Kaushik. Here's the video:

Following Avinash's advice and checking the Visitor Loyalty section of the Analytics reports shows some interesting information about you guys. This site gets a lot of drive-by hits, mostly driven by images.google.com, but filtering those out by getting away from the heavily skewed averages tells me the following:

Analytics Loyalty: Ignore the drive-bys and concentrate on the people who visit repeatedly.



Analytics Recency: Even the repeat visitors tend to visit every day.



Analytics Length of Visit: Some of you guys spend some time reading what I write, which is nice.



So thank you all, and I hope you'll enhance this site further by taking part in the content poll I've just started.

No comments:

Post a Comment