Pages

Friday, October 19, 2007

This post is brought to you by Gutsy Gibbon

Ubuntu I'd be worried if I ever thought I was becoming enough of a geek to forget about pedagogy, but having spent the morning playing with Gutsy Gibbon, I feel happy. I'm a complete Linux newbie, but the switch from Windoze has been pretty painless. The reason for that has nothing to do with the OS, it's because of online applications. Gmail, Blogger, etc. Who needs XP?

I can't argue that Linux is ready for primetime, because it's not, but on a few hours experience, it beats Windows, although neither are remotely tempting if you're an OS X user (the Wired review is slightly off there: Ubuntu's New 'Gutsy Gibbon' Brings Linux Out of the Jungle).

I still haven't been able to get QuickTime to play - any help? Working now - what a geek ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment