Thursday, November 01, 2007

What I learned at OpenLearn2007

OpenLearn No posts for the last couple of days because I was at the OpenLearn2007 conference (proceedings here). It was nice to carve out a little reflective space and just listen for a while (I didn't even check my email) - not that there was any shortage of blogging going on!

John Seeley Brown John Seely Brown's opening keynote was excellent, setting the right tone for the meeting.

Doug Clow and I My talk seemed to be well received - maybe it was good timing to have some light relief later in the day.

The panel discussion at the end of day one was also thought-provoking. I can't remember who said this sometime during the meeting, but the overwhelming impression was:

There's something happening here, but what it is ain't exactly clear

Is OER going to revolutionize education, or was OpenLearn2007 "another 60's love-in"?

Conference buzzword: granularity

Elephant in the room: sustainability (= money)

No comments:

Post a Comment