Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Completely round the bend

The Curve £59,000,000.

That's how much Leicester City Council has spent on The Curve, the daft building with the daft name which replaces a perfectly good provincial theatre in Leicester (The Haymarket).

With more than a passing interest in education in Leicester, it almost makes me cry when I think of what £59,000,000 could have done if spent on education in this city.

My prediction (based on the history of The Haymarket)? It's all going to end in tears.

1 comment:

  1. I find that the usefulness of any particular piece of architecture is often inversely proportional to its cost. A corollary of this is the more expensive it is, the uglier / weirder-looking it generally is.

    This proving to me that architects live in a different continuum tot eh rest of us.

    ReplyDelete