Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Confessions of a Ppt addict

Delft I've just spent a couple of days in Delft, where I went to talk to a group of people I didn't know much about about something they didn't know much about.

Before I left, I started to become anxious about our mutual lack of knowledge.

I knocked up a quick PowerPoint presentation.

And then I didn't feel anxious any more.


  1. I had a similar experience myself this year. I was staying with a colleague in Seattle and she asked if I would like to talk to a class of eight year olds about what it is like living in New Zealand. Good old PowerPoint came to the rescue, so if nothing else, the kids enjoyed looking at the pictures!

  2. The Ppt presentation actually turned out to be quite useful as a basis for discussion while I was there, but I still felt like a criminal when I was putting it together, especially as it consisted of old slides from other presentations.