Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Is del.icio.us a Pushmi-pullyu?

Pushmepullyou I think I'm in love with del.icio.us, the essence of Everything is Miscellaneous made flesh*. So I get a little upset when I think someone is abusing it. Except that I'm not sure whether they are.

Brian Kelly has been exploring what Twitter is for (by trying to break it!), and similarly, I feel I need to get my head around what del.icio.us is for. Is it a pull technology which I use to search for information, or is it a push technology my network can use to publish information?

Clearly, the social features of del.icio.us mean that it is both, but the question I'm facing right now is how upset should I be when my colleagues bookmark links on del.icio.us to try to nag me?


*If you need an explanation, try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment