Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ditch the socks and save the planet

The Man in Seat Sixty-One Knowing my fondness for all things sock, Tony suggests I should tell you about the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre, but 20 seconds viewing tells me that a 15 second microformat does not translate into a 15 minute adaptation of Shakespeare. Content Format is king!

So instead, I'll discuss my constant eco-guilt, and how I'm going to use Web 2.0 to solve it. Not via the potentially counterproductive, but by using The Man in Seat Sixty-One (shame about the name).

I'm not a member of the Church of Offsetting Absolution, so I still haven't forgiven myself for flying to The Netherlands for a meeting in Delft last month. Why did I do it? Not on cost grounds - I wasn't paying :-) Because trying to arrange overland transport was just too much hassle compared with flying. That's where TMISSO comes in.

Type in the details of your next business trip and see what it comes up with. Even if you don't give a damn about climate change, wouldn't you rather indulge yourself in some Real Travel where the journey is part of the adventure? Or do you prefer airport misery and driving to Milton Keynes?

No comments:

Post a Comment