Monday, May 12, 2008

WoK gets social

Screenshot It looks like Thomson Reuters finally got around to adding some social features to ISI Web of Knowledge by tacking on something called

Researcher ID is a global, multi-disciplinary scholarly research community. Each researcher listed is assigned a unique identifier, to aid in solving the common problem of author misidentification. Search the registry to find citations, collaborators, and more.

Unfortunately, the sign up process is clunky, bouncing you between sites. So clunky in fact, that after 15 minutes and eight failed attempts, I gave up. So if anyone ever does manage to sign into, please blog about it.

In the meantime, I'll carry on not using Connotea and CiteUlike, because scientists don't share. And I won't bother to allow Thomson Reuters to reduce me to a number so I fit more neatly in their marketing spam database.


  1. I'm on there...

    I don't recall any particular problems setting up. At least not more than I expected :-)

  2. So, has it changed your life Chris? :-)