Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Using Creative Commons Images from Flickr

Creative Commons Over the past few years I have built up quite a large collection of images on Flickr. I do not sell images commercially and I do not have any higher-resolution images available (so don't ask). All of my images on Flickr carry a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike licence. That means you are free to:
  • Copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
  • Make derivative works
under the following conditions:
  • Attribution: What does "Attribute this work" mean? You can use the URL of the image page to cite the work. Doing so will allow others can find the original work as well.
  • Share Alike - if you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license.
For more information, please visit the Creative Commons website.

This means you don't need to contact me to ask permission to use the image under the above licence terms. I do not make exceptions to this licensing policy. I wish you well with your publication/project and hope that you understand why you won't be receiving a personal email response from me.