Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Project Announcement

Nothing happened

This post is to announce my latest research project.

Stuart commented I can't keep up with all your projects, so it's clearly time to announce the one after next (I hope to announce the next one publicly in a few weeks).

For some time, it's been clear that the details of a research project proposal matter far less than the project acronym, at least in terms of the chance of it being funded. A recent grant writing meeting on assessing and recording the student experience was scuppered when we all became fixated on the acronym ARSE. So to avoid this difficulty with future projects, I have decided to choose the acronym first, then write the project to fit.

I'm pleased to announce that my forthcoming project will be:


I have no idea what this project will be about as I have not written it yet, but in order to help me with this process, you are welcome to ask me:

What's SHORES?