Friday, January 09, 2009

Even more precious

Posterous Wednesday's post (My Precious) about how to generate a more interactive way of sharing and discussing interesting items led to a very useful series of comments and suggestions - thanks to those who contributed.

After weighing the pros and cons of various options, I've moved my shared items site to Posterous. Although I have some reservations about this, we'll see how it goes for a while. The links and RSS feed have been redirected to the new site.

The major reason for this change is that Posterous allows discussion of shared items, a feature not currently available through Google Reader. I'm certain that will change at some point as Google adds more social features to Reader, presumably when Open Social kicks in. When that happens, it may be time to think further about sharing options. For now, read and comment away!

Update: Sigh, Jo doesn't get it. Maybe I should just have used FriendFeed?