Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

One for the Lesta peeps

Lesta I'm pretty apolitical, but that doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the way that psychemedia has been keeping up his new year resolution of becoming more involved in democracy and representation issues. First there was Digital Britain Write to Reply, then Fake Digital Britain, and now, Who Needs Lord Carter? OK, so I made the last one up, but you get the idea.

So on a local level, what do we have in Leicester? Err, well, there's Leicestertwesta, "making Leicester unrubbish since 2009", but that's not really political. However, there are some signs of political life stirring in virtual Lesta. Councillor Ross Grant has started blogging and is using his Twitter account. I ask you to leave party politics aside and welcome Ross into the bosom of your social networks, in the hope that where he has led, others will follow.

I'm not aware of any other Leicester Councillors using social media, but you may do. If you do, I'd suggested adding them to Leicestertwesta rather than here. And if you want more local info, there's the Leicester City Council news feeds, and Leicestershire Constabulary Carnival of Fun (personally, I'm a big fan of Suspects ;-)

Update: No longer a Twittersceptic