10.00 Registration and refreshments
10.20 Welcome and Introduction to the day Steve Maw, Centre for Bioscience
10.30 Social Science Research Methodologies: Bonnie Green, University of Leicester
11.15 Practitioner Perspectives: three scientists give the benefit of their experience in moving into education research with a “warts ‘n’ all” deconstruction of a piece of their own work.
* Teaching about bioethics through authoring of websites: Chris Willmott, University of Leicester
* Exploring peer and self assessment of oral presentations: opportunistically using residential field courses for Action Research: Mark Langan and Rod Cullen, Manchester Metropolitan University
* A farewell to controls? The problems with experiments in education: Mark Huxham, Napier University - followed by general discussion
13.30 Afternoon Session: Facilitated by Paul Orsmond
Attendees will have the opportunity to join discussions on
* Evaluating Pedagogical Research led by Jon Scott,
* Feedback led by Paul Orsmond.
15.30 Feedback: Facilitated by Paul Orsmond
16.00 Reflections and Close