Pages

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Would you like to join our blog network?

Network I get a lot of these (OK, several), so I've developed the following boilerplate response:
I've written before about blog networks. In this age of disaggregated microchunked self-publication, blog networks do not serve the interest of the blogger. The argument that they bring writing to a larger audience is true, but no more so than Twitter, Friendfeed, delicious and CiteULike. Everything I write online is published under a Creative Commons licence and I'm happy for you to add the RSS feeds to your network on exactly the same basis that I aggregate material at Friendfeed, etc. If you want more than that, i.e. if you want me to curate your blog network, I'm going to require payment for my services under a Freemium model.