Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Exploring Metaplace

As part of the ongoing virtual worlds debate, I tried to set up a meeting in my Metaplace world yesterday. We couldn't get the audio to work (did we miss something?), so wound up just using the chat window, to which the VW experience didn't add any value.

After throwing objects at each other and building virtual jumbo jets for a while, people got bored and wanted to leave, so I wandered off to explore Metaplace a bit more and see if I could cut my way through the virtual tumbleweed to find something of value as an educational tool.

The first place Metaplace suggested I visit was:
Metaplace
I made my excuses and left, at which point I bumped into:
Metaplace

Who wasn't much of a conversationalist. It was at this point I realized that Metaplace is really Meatplace.

Sigh. No educational value.