Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Finding the missing joy

For various reasons, I've been a bit depressed over the last couple of weeks. One of the reasons, (but by no means the main one), is the continued decline of Rocketboom, which has long been one of my main beacons in terms of originality of online content development. For that reason, I've been skipping a lot of episodes, in particular the excessive focus in internet memes. I was going to skip the latest episode, but for some reason I watched it. And I'm glad I did. I'm not a huge fan of Sesame Street, but there's no question that it has been consistently innovative. More than that, it has the sheer brio that so much online content is missing. Next time you're creating online teaching materials, take a lesson from the Cookie Monster:



It's not as simple as it looks. Brilliantly edited, but most of all, the sheer balls to just go for it.