Pages

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Baby Jesus? My Arse! #bahumbug

bahumbug It's only a few days old, but I'm quite pleased with the way my #bahumbug campaign is going. Argos started it, but I was also inspired by the Stop the Cavalry! group on Facebook. I've already been invited to set up an Antichristmas grotto, dressed as Dark Santa. Still, to add a little more depth to the campaign, occasionally I feel the need for slightly more that 140 characters, so I've decided to add the odd blog post giving those old Xmas favourites a #bahumbug twist. Here's the first one:
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Cancer growing in your bowels

Xmas songs being sung by a choir

All dressed up like Simon Cowells
And another:
Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Tra la la la la la la la la
Quantitative easing stole all your money
Tra la la la la la la la la
Don we now our gay apparel
Tra la la la la la la la la
Graham Norton's version of A Christmas Carol
Tra la la la la la la la la
And to finish off (for now):
Hark! the herald angels sing
Jeremy Clarkson's going to be King
Queen popped her clogs during Christmas message
Charles convicted of matricide
Joyful all ye nations rise
Richard Hammond's Morrisons ads win prize
With the angelic host proclaim
Top Gear's on TV again
Hark! the herald angels sing
All bend down kiss Clarkson's ring