Friday, January 29, 2010


Over the last week, I've been deluged with an email from a Mrs Trellis of North Wales inviting me to join her network on Amplify. She writes:

Dear Dr Kahn,
Mrs Trellis recently joined Amplify and has not shared any posts yet.

Thanks! -The Amplify Team
To start Amplifying pages, paragraphs, images and videos you find on the web, add the Amplify bookmarklet to your browser (supports Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer and Opera) or if you're a Firefox user, you can install the Amplify Firefox add-on.
To unsubscribe from this email, manage your email preferences
This email is sent to registered users of To unsubscribe from all Amplify emails, click here.
Please do not reply to this message; it was sent from an unmonitored email address. This message is a service email related to your use of Amplify. For general inquiries or to request support with your Amplify account, please contact us at
P.S. Are you Imran Khan the famous cricketer? If so, could you ask Buddy Holly to join my network on Amplify?

So I've watched the demo video and I think I get it. Amplify is in the crowded diigo/posterous/tumblr/etc space and tries to hijack the conversation from sites elsewhere in the web.

Is that right? Do I need another destination online? I think I'll pass - unless I'm missing something?