Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Interesting times

I had an interesting meeting recently with representatives from the Annals of Botany regarding social tools and publication channels. The plan is that we will collaborate to try to achieve some commercialization knowledge transfer involving aspects of the education research I have been doing for the past few years.

AoB Plants

What I didn't know before the meeting is that AoB has recently spun out an online, open-access plant science journal, AoB Plants:
  • No open access fees to authors for an initial period
  • Double-blind refereeing
  • Published minimum acceptance criteria
  • Fast publication of accepted papers
and all that good stuff we like about open access. Although I was already interested in AoB, reading about the new journal has made me even more enthusiastic about working with Annals of Botany as a partner.