Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I wish to complain about this Macintosh which I purchased in this very boutique not half an hour ago

What's wrong with it? I'll tell you what's wrong with it my lad. It's dead.

Dear Steve,

In September 2009 my Macbook (serial number W87491WMZ64), purchased in June 2008, stopped working one month out of guarantee. The Apple Highcross Leicester store determined the cause to be a faulty logic board, making the cost of repair uneconomic. I was forced to abandon a 13 month old laptop and purchase a Samsung N120 running Windows as a replacement. This has worked flawlessly for the last year.

This month, my iMac (serial number CK714019VUY), purchased in 2007, developed display problems making it unusable. The Apple Highcross Leicester store has said the machine needs a new display (cost approximately £500) and/or a new logic board (cost approximately £500), again making repair uneconomic.

I cannot afford to keep abandoning expensive machines after a short time and am being forced to consider running Windows or Linux on much cheaper hardware which might be considered to be disposable. As a Macintosh user for the last 15 years, I am very disappointed at the reliability of recent hardware and would like to know what you have to say about this which might retain me as a future customer.

Yours faithfully,
Frustrated fanboy.


I'd like a replacement please.

Sorry, we don't have any more iMacs.

Oh, I see.

We've got this slug.

Does it talk?

It runs Windows...