Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Downes lives on

OLDaily I often struggle with Stephen Downes OLDaily. His iconoclastic approach to, well, everything really, makes me wonder why I bother. The reason I do is because he sometimes points me at important information via his rather different viewpoint which makes me rethink my opinions. At other times, he just points me at good stuff I wouldn't have seen otherwise. This was exactly the case with a couple of links a few days ago.

The first of these was Not the Institutional Web Server - couldn't have said it better myself.

The second link touched on themes I've been writing about repeatedly here recently - OERs and lecture quality - With Open Source Lectures, Who Needs So Many Lecturers?

In the epic Darwinian struggle for attention which is my Google Reader OPML, Downes lives another day ;-)