Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Pruning

I've just been pruning drafts of lots of posts written over the past few months that never saw the light of day on this blog for various reasons. Interestingly, several of them surfaced elsewhere, proving that this blog really is my reflective space (mental sandpit) where I work things out in my head before burdening you with them. Here's an example:



Playing and Reality Donald Winnicott was a pediatrician (who inspired the work of Benjamin Spock) and psychoanalyst who developed ideas around play and transitional spaces. According to Winnicott, play is important in counteracting the implicit threat in transitional spaces which limit learning. It seems appropriate therefore that I should put my academic credibility on the line by holding imaginary conversations  with a sock puppet while attempting to remove the fear of command-line drive statistical analysis.



D.W. Winnicott, Playing and Reality. (Penguin 1971).

No comments:

Post a Comment