Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2011

My Salutation Has Been BoingBoinged #ALTC2011

I recently booked for ALT-C 2011. When I'd previously registered on the shiny new ALT website, it had asked me how I wanted to be addressed, and I carelessly entered Dude. From my registration, Seb Schmoller picked up on this and sent me an email to which I replied:

I never know what to put in that box.   King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Elect of God and Light of this World, His Own Divine Majesty, First Ancient King of Creation, King Alpha and Queen Omega, Beginning with Out End and First with Out Last, Protectorate of All Human Faith and Ruler of the Universe always sounds so formal.
This caused Seb to rethink the possibilities for registration, and now we've been BoingBoinged.

What's going to happen when I book my accommodation?


     

2 comments:

  1. I like 'First Ancient King of Creation myself', it has a certain "ring" to it, and it not too in-your-face to be insulting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being boing boinged is not for the feint hearted. The original posting got over 1000 visits in about 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete