Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Still Delicious?

Delicious I've been wondering what to say about the relaunched delicious, but I don't have much to add to what I have already written here:
I'm sad, loss of a beautiful model due to "feature" bloat.
What did I like about delicious? Simplicity, a respite from the cacophony of the Internet, and the fact that it "just worked". Mostly, that's gone now. The current iteration of delicious (Fisher Price Edition) is no longer social, it is now about curation. However, the fact is that we have gone back to beta, so I'm prepared to cut Avos some slack for a little while to see if they reinstate the lost functionality - especially the network (social bookmarking) and RSS everywhere. Already RSS feeds are reappearing, so there's evidence that Avos is listening to user input.

So over to you Avos...

1 comment:

  1. Eurrrgghhh! Makes Diigo look good! But as with twitter I rarely every use the browser version - just an ap or extension so I'm not sure how much difference it will make to me