Friday, October 07, 2011

By The Numbers - A Note To Journal Editors

Graph On 20th September, we released a manuscript via the institutional repository:

Cann, A.J. & Badge, J. (2011) Reflective Social Portfolios for Feedback and Peer Mentoring. Leicester Research Archive

I wrote about the reasons for this in an earlier post. In the 10 days to 30th September, this item received:
534 hits on the landing page
122 PDF downloads

It's difficult to assess how this compares with"conventional" academic publishing, because beyond citations, I don't really have comparable numbers. I also don't know how these figures will decay with time.

What I do know is that on 7th July I submitted a similar manuscript to a "conventional" academic journal. On 7th October, it has still not been reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment