Wednesday, March 07, 2012

altmetrics lite

The ever reliable Martin Hawksey has another classic blog post this morning, What do you get when you combine Twitter and Google Analytics in Google Spreadsheets with a bit of Google Apps Script?

Nice work. I had not realized that Twitter search resolves all shortened links to the original URL, so for yesterday's blog post, I get:


However, since Google+ has gone all hockeystick on me, I'm far more interested in that site these days. Searching for the post url there gives me:


and I can save the search on Google+ to tune into referrer traffic there in real time, thanking referrers and commenting or clarifying as need be. Nice tip :-)


 SoTI: Twitter | Google+
 MicrobiologyBytes: Twitter | Google+
 AoB: Twitter | Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment