Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Gems from #EASEconference

I wasn't sure what to expect from the EASE conference, but whatever that was, it definitely exceeded my fuzzy expectations.  It's quite difficult to sum up the event succinctly, so I've settled for this highly selective overview:


Actually, that's true about nearly everything to do with Estonia.



Is everyone a publisher now? If not, what value do publishers add?



Academic publishing is currently a high risk business.



Some great thoughts on writing and editing at this meeting and I simply didn't have time to take them all in. What a shame some of the great contributors don't blog.




My unerring ability to pick the "wrong" parallel session means I missed this one. it sounded "interesting".





Of course, it wasn't all work ;-)



This meeting was so successful that the plan is to reduce the interval from three years to two years. There'll certainly be a lot to discuss in two years time!




No comments:

Post a Comment