Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Today's the day #ST101

Introduction to Statistics (ST101) I start my first MOOC.

Why am I doing this? Because I want to be a better statistician (and you can never have enough practice). Also because I feel I should have the experience of participating in a MOOC.

What are the risks? I teach statistics. I'm supposed to be an "expert". Do I want to expose myself in this way? Should I be spending time doing other things? There is genuine jeopardy here. I care about the outcome. What if I "fail"?

Will I finish the course? We'll see. This is my big problem. The seven week curriculum runs into my annual vacation so I'll have problems completing the final exam. These is no good time of year for me to participate in a course of this length, only slightly less bad ones. Evenings and weekends are not an option for me. I'm a morning person. But mornings (pre-work) are exercise and livestock. Which will get priority?

All these questions, and more, will be answered over the next seven weeks.

Introduction to Statistics (ST101)

Update: ST101 finally arrives, 24 hours late. No explanation from Udacity. Not a great start.



No comments:

Post a Comment