Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Why I didn't sign up for #oldsmooc

xxx I would like to have signed up for the OU's learning design MOOC, but I have a list of reasons why I didn't:
  • I'm trying to be sensible about the MOOCs I register for. Come next week I'll be participating in three and another one would be too much. Way too much.
  • 10th January to 13th March 2013 is very bad timing for me, my busiest time of year. I couldn't commit to anything that long and that structured (3-10 hours a week or 10 weeks) as I know I would not have any chance of actively participating in it.
  • I've tried to love learning design, really I have. But it just doesn't float my boat. I prefer teaching to designing teaching. Before you comment on that, it means I'm an action research kinda guy.
  • Cloudworks. I'm not resident there and I don't find it attractive. You may well feel differently but I don't have the time for another destination at present. If it ran in Google+ I wouldn't be able to stay away.

So y'all have fun now and let me know how it goes.




3 comments:

  1. You dont know what youre missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the intro (15 min) maybe that will change your mind?
    http://www.olds.ac.uk/the-course/week-1/intro2ld

    As for cloudworks, we wrapped it up in a google site for your delectation

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it is growing out including into Google+ https://plus.google.com/communities/114085469619615490101

    ReplyDelete