Changing the Learning Landscape – The Use of Social Media in Science and Technology Teaching and Learning
Date: 13 Mar 2013
Location: Royal Society of Chemistry, Piccadilly, London.
The Use of Social Media in Science and Technology workshop offers an opportunity for those involved in teaching, or directly managing degree programmes, to find out more about the role social media can play in enhancing the student and tutor experience. Through a series of presentations, activities and discussions, led by academics from the science and technology disciplines, participants will be introduced to new social media approaches and see discipline-focused exemplars of social media applied in practice.
Topics will cover:
- an introduction to teaching with social media
- encouraging student social networking in laboratory practical sessions
- enhancing fieldwork learning through social media technologies
- social media and lecture capture
- accessibility aspects of social media
- student perspectives on the use of social media in science and technology teaching and learning
There is no charge for the workshop but places are limited and you are advised to apply early using the booking form.
A similar workshop The Use of Social Media in Engineering and Mathematics will be held on 22 May 2013 in Manchester. Details of, and registration for, this workshop will follow in due course.