Tuesday, April 09, 2013

After "After Reader" comes "After Tweetdeck"

After Tweetdeck

First they came for Google Reader.
Then they came for Tweetdeck.

OK, so there is a new version of Tweetdeck. I tried it when it first came out, but like the post Evernote-purchased Skitch, it is inadequate, an intolerable step backwards. So where do I go after Twitter turns Tweetdeck Air off soon? I can spend a lot of time testing new clients, or I can just use Twitter via the website. Which means of course that I won't be resident there, just using it as a noticeboard rather than having conversations (which, to be honest, is not too far from where I am now since the gloss came off twitter for me some time ago). On mobile Echofon is OK, but I don't spend a lot of time on mobile interfaces if I can help it - and how long until twitter turns Echofon off?

So if you're a Tweetdeck user, what are your post-apocalypse plans? Twitter website? Hootsuite? Or simply go elsewhere?


  1. Janetter ( is pretty much a direct like-for-like replacement of tweetdeck on desktop and mobile. The desktop client (in particular) is excellent, and the mobile is improving all the time. I manage 5 accounts accross three devices.

    1. Thanks for the tip. I looked at Janetter some time ago and for some reason didn't take to it, must go back and look again.