Friday, February 14, 2014

A damning indictment of peer assessment

"I feel sorry for any future students who have to have their marks determined by other students rather than professionals."
"If you want to pay me to do it fine. But I’m not here to learn how to mark someone else’s stuff. I’m here to do MY work."
"No! No! No! If you are planning to implement it, please do so after I graduate, which should be in 2014. I can’t afford to get poor marks because of such assessment, especially after spending a lot of money to study here."

Michael John Wilson, Ming Ming Diao & Leon Huang , Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education (2014): ‘I’m not here to learn how to mark someone else’s stuff’: an investigation of an online peer-to-peer review workshop tool, Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, doi: 10.1080/02602938.2014.881980

No comments:

Post a Comment