Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

#iPhoneography

I'm slowly getting to grips with the camera on my iPhone, and I've been playing around with apps to see how far I can push its capabilities. I'm a big fan of VSCO Cam and Cortex Cam, bit over the last few days I've been playing with ProCam2.

Decent macro shots is a lot to ask of a phone, but that's where it started. Focus is always a problem, and this closeup of Bellis perennis ...wasn't quite there.


Bellis perennis



A little practice and a little patience and things got better.

Bellis perennis



Static flowers such as this Ceanothus are easy enough, but the bees buzzing this shrub didn't stay around long enough to allow me to get on in focus.

Ceanothus


I like the effect that I got on this dandelion seedhead.

Dandelion


So I switched to the kaleidoscope filter.

Dandelion


The simplest of the ProCam2 kaleidoscope filters has a lot of potential.

Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope



Whereas I'm less impressed with the fisheye filter.

Fisheye


So here's another architectural kaleidoscope shot - can you tell where it is?

Kaleidoscope




No comments:

Post a Comment